Perkins Will Honors Our Veterans
Albany, OR . . . Today on Veterans Day Jo Rae Perkins, Republican candidate for U.S. Senate, announced a series of steps she will take to honor our veterans who have sacrificed so much to protect our freedoms.
“As the next U.S. Senator, I will make veterans a priority not working to pass unconstitutional taxes. Our veterans deserve the best care we can give them. I will work for more services, more accountability and more options for our veterans,” pledged Perkins.
Perkins initiatives include:
• Allowing veterans to choose accessing VA facilities or private service provider when they need care.
• Create an independent review board that will inspect VAs to ensure the quality of care.
• Increasing funding for housing for homeless veterans especially women veterans with children.
• Allowing Veterans to receive college credit for their military training and experience.
• Allowing Veterans to pay the instate tuition rate for state colleges and universities.
• Expanding programs to help ease veterans transitioning back into civilian life.
• Strengthening access to mental health care providers to end the epidemic of suicide among veterans.
“Veterans should be getting the instate discount for attending colleges. Illegals should not be getting better rates than our veterans. This is just common sense,” said Perkins.